Welcome to this Shop, Starlink Volcano Mount, which elaborates on one of the best installation procedures for your dish.
Here, we bring you a detailed explanation of the crucial steps toward optimizing signal reception for Starlink.
While this procedure is simple, it comes with some hazards if you miss the critical safety steps.
Luckily for you, we’ll tell you everything to ensure you have a seamless mounting experience.
Table of Contents
- What is Shop Starlink, Volcano Mount?
- Things to consider when choosing a Volcano Mount
- How to Install Starlink Volcano Mount?
- Starlink Volcano Mount cost
What is Shop Starlink, Volcano Mount?
A volcano mount is typically a mount option that allows the installation of any structure, such as a network or TV dish, on the roof.
It has excellent tensile strength and ensures the mounted device remains sturdy even in windy or stormy conditions.
Secondly, connecting it is easy, as we’ll reveal in subsequent steps below.
Things to consider when choosing a Volcano Mount
Global satellite internet service concept.
The following are some aspects you need to consider when selecting this mount.
- Consider the compatibility of the mount model with the type of dish you’re installing.
- Also, decide on the ideal location of your dishy, as this will determine the quality of the volcano mount you’ll buy. For instance, you require a top-quality mount if you reside in a stormy or windy area.
- What are some of the qualities of the different mounts in the market? Settle on a sturdy model that is easy to install and affordable.
How to Install Starlink Volcano Mount?
A man works with a wireless building tool to detect wooden battens.
- A bag
- Six lag bolts
- A volcano mount
- Wall clips
- Sealing tape stripes
- A drill
- A half-inch socket wrench
- Sealing tape squares
- A stud finder
- A 5/32-inch drill bit
Starlink neon sign.
- First, pick an ideal installation for your dish via the app. It can scan the area for obstructions that could hinder clear signals with a Starlink satellite.
- Next, identify a stud on the wall via the stud-finding device and mark the spot you locate with a marker. This is the point where your volcano mount base will sit.
- Starlink Volcanic Mountains typically have six holes, so you must use a drill to locate the six points where you drill holes in the wall.
- Place the mount on the holes and run the bolts through them to connect to the wall via your half-inch socket wrench. Now, you have firmly attached the volcano mount to the wall.
- Next, you need to attach your Starlink dish to the mount. We’re assuming that you don’t have the Starlink Dish components near the mounting station, which is why we advise that you have a bag to carry them.
- The volcano mount has a hole that interlocks perfectly with Starlink’s mast. Hence, to connect the two, simply drive the mast onto the mount.
- Next, your Starlink dish will receive power from an indoor socket. Therefore, you need to connect the power cable to your house. To ensure that the wire doesn’t hang out loosely, lay it against the wall the use clips to attach it firmly onto it. Also, avoid sharp bends on the cable as this might introduce weak points onto it or even break it.
Safety Protocols During Installation
A technician is installing a dish.
The main danger when installing a Starlink Dish is shortcircuiting the setup (damaging the equipment) or causing electric shock to the installer.
Therefore, the safety protocols we advocate for in this section aim to prevent equipment damage and protect you.
- First, thoroughly inspect your cables for defects. A naked part of the power cord is a high risk for electric shock. Hence, it would be best if you never used wires with exposed interior features; this applies to all Starlink cables.
- Connecting the parts using aftermarket components in a case whereby, for instance, the Starlink-provided cable needs to be longer is wrong. Again, refrain from this and order another cable from Starlink’s store instead.
- Thirdly, you risk damaging your Dish if you install it while powered on, so always ensure you switch off the power until you’re done with the mounting. Remember, Starlink is excellent in setting itself up, and the dish rotates to find the ideal connection to a satellite. This motion can damage it if you haven’t yet mounted it firmly.
- Also, don’t try to make any modifications to the Starlink equipment. Simply connect everything as provided because the components have been designed to work efficiently if well connected without any tinkering.
- Finally, check if your socket is easily accessible as you may need to promptly disconnect the parts in instances of shortcircuiting or when rebooting its router.
A woman is accessing the internet.
Finally, once every hardware is in place, you must perform a simple configuration to have your dish and router up and running.
- You will need a Starlink app, the fundamental control point for all the services. Simply download one from your IOS or Android app store.
- First, check out if you have chosen the best location for your dish from the obstruction tool. If all is good, you can proceed with configuring Starlink.
- Now set a username and a password for your WiFi. Also, test the internet speed and see if you are getting the correct rates for your Starlink package.
Starlink Volcano Mount cost
There are price variations for this mounting component depending on where you are buying it from, and it’s quality.
Most are metallic, although others may be made from cheaper materials, meaning such types could be cheaper.
Thank you for your time, and we wish you all the best as you set up your internet in optimal conditions for a reliable connection.
If you doubt anything in the installation, refer to this manual or the official Starlink website.
Also, sometimes it pays dividends to involve a technician to handle everything for you, especially if there are some steps you don’t clearly understand.